Many people are not sure what to ask when they are meeting a doula or birth professional for the very first time. Below is a list of some of the most important things you should consider asking when choosing a doula.
- What training or certifications did you take to become a doula?
- How many births have you attended?
- Why did you decide to become a doula?
- Are you part of a team? If so, do you have a back up?
- Will you support me through any birth decision?
- At what point do you join me during labour?
- Will you get along with my caregiver and medical staff?
- What is your fee, and what does it include?
- What is your refund policy?
- How would you include my partner during labour?
These are just some of the types of questions that you should have a solid understanding of before choosing a birth professional.